“Download your Absolutely Free Quick Wins SEO PDF Cheat Sheet below…”
One of the fastest ways to rank higher on Google is to use what I call my Quick Wins SEO strategy.
The underlying concept of my Quick Wins SEO strategy is…
It’s much easier to improve the rankings of the content you already have than it is to rank higher for brand new content, especially for new websites or for highly competitive keywords.
And sites with higher levels of Domain Authority tend to rank higher, faster.
So, rather than always chasing new keywords by creating new content…
You should work on improving the Domain Authority of your website, and the rankings of the content you already have.
Tip: Authority-Building Backlinks are a great way to quickly and easily improve the Domain Authority of your website.
My Quick Wins SEO strategy works best when you use this strategy for content that’s already ranked in Google (remember, it’s typically easier to improve your current rankings than it is to rank new content).
However, it’s also a great way to jumpstart your rankings for your new content as well.
Here are the 6 simple steps that are the foundation of my Quick Wins SEO strategy:
Compile a list of the pages on your website that are currently receiving traffic from Google.
Figure out which keyword phrases are currently sending traffic to those individual pages.
- Tip: You can use Google Analytics and other keyword research tools such as SEMrush or ahrefs to analyze the content on your website and figure out which keyword phrases are sending your pages traffic.
Determine the rankings of those keyword phrases and focus the rest of your research on the ones that are currently ranking in Google for the top 4 – 50 spots (the closer they are to the first page, the better… so, I’d start with the top 20 spots and work may way down from there).
Pick the keyword phrases in step 3 that you’d like to rank the highest for that also have the least amount of competition from a backlinks standpoint (these are your target keywords).
- Tip: You can also use keyword research tools to determine the rankings of your pages for different keywords, as well as to estimate just how hard (or easy) it should be to rank for a given keyword phrase.
Optimize the page(s) from step 3 for the keywords that you would like to rank highest for.
- Tip: You can use software like MarketMuse , Cognitive SEO or Ryte to analyze your content and make suggestions on how to improve it from an SEO standpoint.
Build high-quality backlinks to that to that page using variations of your target keyword phrase(s) as the anchor text.
- Tip: Blogger Outreach and guest posting is a proven way to build high-quality backlinks to your website.
Your goal isn’t to have just another plain-old “author resource” box in the article.
Your goal is to have an editorial style “in-content” link placed in the article that links back to your website as an “Authority” on the subject.
Here’s how the basic Blogger Outreach process works:
- Search the internet for well-established websites in markets related to yours that also have high levels of Domain Authority.
- Tip: Use the MozBar for Chrome plugin for a quick and easy way to measure a website’s Domain Authority.
- Reach-out to the potential candidates you come across during your search… pitch them on story ideas that would benefit their readers, and… offer to create 100% unique content for their website.
- Tip: You can use software like BuzzStream to help you with your blogger outreach campaigns (for locating and building relationships with high domain authority websites in your market).
- When you find one that’s willing to take you up on your offer… create a high-quality 100 % unique article or blog post that is custom-tailored to the other website’s audience, and have them publish it on their website.
- Tip: Be sure to include an editorial-style “in content” link in the article that links back to related content on your website (these are some of the most powerful types of backlinks you can get).
Here’s one final tip for you…
Google has told us that backlinks are one of the top three most important ranking factors for their search results.
So, if you want higher rankings (and all that free traffic that comes along with higher rankings)… start building your backlinks!
Please share this post with your friends…